Thank you for being interested in volunteering with Tampa General Hospital. Volunteers who donate their time and share their talents with Tampa General Hospital play a significant role in the experience of our patients and families. We appreciate their dedicated, compassionate, and conscientious service to patients, visitors, TGH team members, and medical professionals. Our volunteers provide non-medical comfort and care to patients and assist departments.
TGH Volunteer Requirements:
- Commit to a minimum of 60 service hours over a continuous four-month period
- You must be 16 years or older at the time of your application
- A sincere interest in helping others in a caring, compassionate, and dedicated manner
- If selected, commit to completing a background check and online orientation, and submit the required vaccination records for TGH Team Member Health clearance
- Professional and positive attitude with the ability to accept supervision graciously
Benefits of Volunteering at TGH include:
- You make a difference!
- Meeting TGH professionals and healthcare providers
- Making new connections in your community
- Gain new skills and deepen your interest in healthcare
- Free Parking on site
- $7.50 hospital cafeteria credit toward your meal during your volunteer shift
- Free flu shot
- Eligibility to use the state-of-the-art TGH Fitness Center for free if you volunteer 10 hours or more a month
- Recognition and service award events
To apply to become a TGH Volunteer, please complete the following.
Step 1: Complete the online TGH Volunteer Application.
Applications are reviewed on the second Monday of every month. After the review, applicants will receive email notification of their status within 7-10 business days.
Due to the high volume of volunteer applicants, we can only accept some applicants and only recruit for areas listed on the online application. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, again for your interest in volunteering with us at Tampa General Hospital.