Tampa General Hospital is proud to have been awarded Magnet status for a fourth time by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing. Magnet designation recognizes hospitals that demonstrate excellence in nursing philosophy and practices, adherence to national standards for improving patient care, leadership, and sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity.
A NEW WAY TO NURSE AT TGH
Now, nursing at Tampa Bay’s #1 hospital is even more rewarding! Tampa General Hospital is hiring with significantly higher base pay than typical employment models, within our newly launched internal nursing float pool. Enjoy the benefits of working with a Magnet-designated nursing team and a schedule that fits your lifestyle, including part-time and full-time options, as well as short-term contracts for 12-week commitments. Plus, all team members receive generous shift differentials, access to free career development training, and more! Whether you’re a current TGH team member or looking to join the team, explore your options today.
NURSING PROGRAMS AT TGH
- Nurse Residency Program - All Graduate Nurses and RNs with less than 1 year RN experience in an acute care hospital will be automatically placed into the 12 month NRP upon hire at TGH. Please apply directly to positions/programs of interest.
- Critical Care Rotation Program*
- Acute Care Rotation Program*
- Perioperative Transition Program*
- Emergency Department Nurse Transition Program*
NURSING PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE MODEL
The Nursing Professional Practice Model is a structure, process, and values that support professional nurses in the delivery of nursing care and the environment in which the care is delivered. The model can help guide the professional nurse at the bedside in all actions, elevating the level of care. It will also guide Nurse Practice Council in decision making.
The five components
- Values - Caring, Integrity, Advocacy, Respect, Accountability, Competency
- Professional Relationships - Interdisciplinary Partnerships, Professional Rapport, Effective Communication
- Care Delivery Model - Interdisciplinary Patient Centered Care with Family and Community Support
- Recognition and Rewards - Recognize Exemplary Professional Practice, Promote Professional Advancement and Behaviors
- Governance - Collaborative decision making
HISTORY OF OUR NURSING PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE MODEL
On June 20, 2012, nurses throughout the hospital and clinics met at a workshop and wrote the Nursing Professional Practice Model for TGH. The five components: values, professional relationships, care delivery model, recognition and rewards and governance were decided on. In the workshop, the final decision was to create a logo that included all five components of the Nursing Professional Practice Model. In addition, this group created the Nursing Mission and Vision statements which align with the hospital Mission and Vision statements.
Tampa General Hospital nurses are committed to providing patient-centered, holistic care which is innovative, excellent, compassionate and individualized through evidence-based practice that respects our patients’ cultural and economic diversity. We will advocate for our patients, families and community using an interdisciplinary approach while promoting a safe, healing environment to achieve the highest outcomes.
Tampa General Hospital nurses will be the role model for all present and future nursing practice and will pioneer innovative ways to provide excellent care. We will be recognized throughout the community and globally as professional nurses, collaborators, educators, leaders, researchers and mentors.