Tampa General Hospital’s Division of Advanced Practice exists to support advanced practice providers (APPs) throughout the healthcare organization. We recognize that the APP workforce plays an integral role in the advancement of TGH’s overall initiatives, so we are committed to supporting and encouraging all aspects of our team’s professional growth, clinical education and involvement in other areas such as community outreach, research and more.
Organizational models like ours are not the norm in the healthcare world, and we’re proud to offer an incredible solution for APPs who want more out of their careers. We’ve built the Division of Advanced Practice from the ground up to ensure APPs not only have fulfilling jobs at TGH, but also enjoy a host of valuable, career-building benefits.
Our Professional Advancement Model
We recognize that job satisfaction relies heavily on whether professional growth and learning opportunities are available. For this reason, we’ve instituted a professional advancement model to support our APPs in their careers.
For example, our APPs:
- Move through three levels during their professional advancement, with requirements increasing from Level One to Level Three.
- Are encouraged to get involved with volunteer work, presentations, committee work, teaching and quality improvement projects to meet various level requirements.
- Are fiscally rewarded for the work they do above and beyond their clinical responsibilities, such as voluntarily committing to a leadership position on the Advance Practice Council.
Additional Advanced Practice Benefits
Promoting professional advancement and leadership building isn’t the only thing our division offers APPs. In fact, we maintain a robust benefits package that extends beyond the standard human resources offerings.
These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- A professional stipend
- Free certification courses for:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Free lab coats and business cards
- Laptop provided
- Free access to Up-to-Date and other research article databases
- Free onsite parking
- Access to onsite medical librarians
- Discounted CEU/CME opportunities
- Tuition and certification reimbursement programs
- Free annual conference with CEU/CME
- Advanced Practice Week
In addition, APPs can benefit from TGH’s People Development Institute, an organizational initiative to offer online classes and educational opportunities to all TGH employees.
Enjoy a Career at TGH
TGH’s Division of Advanced Practice is always recruiting highly skilled nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other APPs to our team. Take the next step in your career and apply for one of our many advanced practice provider jobs today.