The neuro-oncology program at Tampa General Hospital provides next-generation, multi-specialty treatment for tumors of the brain, spine, and peripheral nervous system. This program is the collaborative effort of a world-class team of renowned neurosurgeons and neurologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, interventional radiologists, nurse practitioners, neuro-diagnostic technicians, and supportive care professionals.
Each patient’s case is reviewed by multiple specialists before an individualized treatment plan is developed, and his or her progress is monitored on a regular basis to ensure adjustments are made as necessary. We provide treatment for a number of different tumors, including astrocytomas, gliomas, schwannomas, meningiomas and metastatic/recurrent tumors. No matter their diagnosis, patients can access a full spectrum of care through our neuro-oncology program.
Therapies and Scientific Innovations at TGH/USF:
- Laser ablation (Tampa General is the first provider to make this treatment available in the Tampa Bay area)
- Image-guided surgeries
- Skull base surgeries: open approach, minimally invasive keyhole approach, endoscopic approach
- Radiation therapy
- OPTUNE treatment for glioblastoma
- ChemoID personalized chemotherapy treatment
- Caris personalized care with molecular profiling
- Chemotherapy infusions
- Targeted therapy
- Supportive care options (such as anti-seizure medications) for neurological cancer symptom control
Nationally Recognized Care
TGH is Top 10% in U.S. for Cancer Care and Neurology & Neurosurgery
Tampa General Hospital has earned “high performing” designation for cancer care by U.S. News & World Report for 2022-23, meaning we are ranked among the top 10% of U.S. hospitals.
Many of our team members have also received national recognition for advancements they have made in brain cancer care, and our team of researchers are working to improve the spectrum of treatments available to patients with brain and nervous system cancers and other neurological conditions.